- A puppy will often whine at night certainly for the first few days.
- A puppy must be housetrained. It will certainly foul the house for several weeks (and this can go on until it’s four or five months old!)
- Housetraining and bringing up a puppy costs time and effort.
- A puppy must not be exerted to its maximum for the first year of its life.
- An adult dog must be walked at least three or four times a day, whatever the weather. At least one walk must be thirty minutes to an hour.
- With a dog in the house, you can’t simply go away for a weekend. Either you take it with you, or you have to find someone to look after it.
- A dog is a pack animal. It’s not good for it to be left alone a lot.
- Caring for a dog doesn’t only cost time and energy. You will reckon with costs between $500 and $1000 a year (vet bills, dog license, food and other expenses).
Get more dog articles by subscribing to Dog Lover.